Thursday, August 7, 2008

King Fed losing his throne?

I have a confession to make; I am a total sports buff be it played on ground or on paper! I am into cricket, tennis (with my heart & soul!), soccer (when it's world cup time), gymnastics, figure staking, sudoku to name a few! In my second life, I wouldn't mind being a tennis champion :)


Even though I have always watched tennis but I got addicted to it because of Roger Federer who (according to me) is the best sportsman I have ever seen. He has broken various records, won major titles in a row, and has been World No 1 tennis player since 2004. I won't go into details of his achievements because it can be easily googled. However, he lost three grand slams this year: Australian Open,Roland Garros French Open (oh yeah, he never was able to beat Nadal on clay) and unbelievingly Wimbledon (winning it would have resulted in amazing record of winning 6 Wimbledon titles in consecutive years). But you have to give credit to him because when asked about his failure at the end of the game, he said "I'll be back next year!!"

But now his dominating rule on men tennis world has come to an end as world No 1 spot has passed to Nadal (?..ATP Ranking still shows him as No 1!). But if you’ve seen him play, you must have noticed that he is a versatile player who makes his opponents run all over the place. And I have rarely seen him lose control of himself. And the best one is he also doesn't grunt (or make weird noises) when he serves or return a volley!

However, coming to his personal life he was born in Basel, Switzerland on 8th August, 1981 (and that’s why I am writing this on his birthday!) Happy Birthday RF :). Today he’ll also be carrying his country (Switzerland) flag in the Olympics for the second time. And for all his lady fans out there, he is dating a swiss tennis player
Miroslava “Mirka” Vavrinec (who happens to be 3 years older then him :S)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spelling Nazi says:
Its Roland Garros(with one L)

And i think Aggasi was a far better player :)
But maybe you don't remember that, you aren't nearly as ancient as I am :P

Anonymous said...

...And for all his ladies fans out there...

Sounds like Muslim Coach conductor shouting to the driver "Rokna Ustad, aik ladies hai!"

You should probably have a WIKI instead of a blog, so that I can edit your posts :)

But if that sounds too ridiculous, do think about this thing called proof reading

rambler said...

To err is human..isn't it?

Suggestions taken (and I checked the spelling of suggestions!) and implemented. Check it now and thanks for pointing it out. But next time I would appreciate a much personal message!

Andre may have been good but RF is the best (y). The posts didn’t turn out quite what I wanted so maybe I’ll have a sequel to it. And u won’t understand about the mistakes, would you.? :P Did I make mistakes in my earlier posts? No. Am I making sense to you? May be not.

Anyways, all these corrections have given me a nice idea for another post!

P.S liked the WIKI type thing idea. Anyone listening at Blogger/Google?