Thursday, July 31, 2008

The gecko crusade!


Have you ever noticed females and lizards can't stay in the same room? It's like a universal phenomenon between the fair sex and the reptile where the ultimatum is always 'It stays or I stay'. So it happens that even though I don't suffer from herpetophobia, I am still not their fan and don't like to in be the same social gathering as them!

Now the other day, after coming back from work I was ready for a hot, steamy bath when I noticed a baby lizard on the bathroom ceiling challenging me to come inside!So I rushed out telling Ami to do something about it. (I have problems killing roaches, unless it’s a baby roach). She asked to me to get a jahroo (broom) so that she can bring the lizard down and get rid of it. (All of you must have seen the broom attached to long pole which is used for cleaning the fans and room ceilings). But since our ceiling is a bit out of reach because of the long walls, the task fell on poor me as Ami wasn’t able to reach it! Imagine my disgust trying to hit Lizzie Junior to get her to come down and face the music.

Well, at first I was just hitting the places in its vicinity and even then I was not technically screaming but my mouth would continue to emit noises that can be considered close to it. However, it was having no affect on LJ (the name reminds me of MJ from Spider Man!) who continued to roam freely. So after a lot of discussion (read arguments) where Ami kept telling me to beat it rather then hit close by it (I had this feeling LJ wouldn’t mind taking revenge by falling on me!) I finally struck it. And viola! LJ came crashing down to the floor. And I forgot to mention, large quantities of insect killing spray was used before all the adventure began and LJ took to the heart her fall from grace (ceiling) and kept withering and finally breathed her last.

Here ends my killing spree and finally I was able to take a bath peacefully without any reptiles around me.

P.S For all those who like/adore lizards, I am sorry for killing a member of the family. But it can surely be termed as a collateral damage! Also pictures taken from google images!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!! *Clap Clap* I hate the all the Lizzies and Allys too but can never kill one..the lizards i mean:-P (Allys are a bit out of league even for rambo too, no ;-) )

Now this lizard whihc btw is a cross b/w being younger than an adult and older than a baby, lives under our microwave and everytime i enter kitchen, I remonstrate it for hopping about ....guess it just doesn't pays any heeds to my empty threats :-P