Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Caribbean (not-so) cool

Since the time I went to dentist early this year (it was my first time and the experience is nothing to write about), I have become pretty religious about brushing so that further visits could be avoided. Even though he told me that a visit after every 6 months is required for dental hygiene and once a year is mandatory! I am not sure if it was his marketing gimmick or a serious advice but I told him prevention is better then cure so I'll try brushing all the time!


We've always used Colgate or Aqua Fresh but I like trying different and new brands so the other day I bought Colgate Caribbean Cool which promised to make my teeth sparkling white and had the taste of fruits. Unless you like drinking papaya juice or a strong bitter fruit punch, I bet you wouldn’t want to waste your money on it and there’s no hint of mint as advertised. I used it only thrice because I thought maybe if I continue using it, I’ll get used to it! But every time I felt like throwing up and had to give it up. Now I have the whole tube with me and since there’s no accounting for tastes maybe some one might like it! Dare to try, anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, it really feels odd brushing with such tooth paste. Their wrapper shows nothing but exaggeration of what someone might find inside.

rambler said...

In marketing, they always create a level of fantasy because if they show the real thing, people wouldn't buy it!

Anonymous said...

my cousins says... colgate is the best!! *wink*

=P
waisey I prefer the simple one!!

Anonymous said...

umm eh hehe i think we r using the said toothpaste too...i think those small minty extracts look kinda cool ;-) ....oh ok if u really insist...I'll take that tube off ur hands :-P

ah the ever generous me ;-)

rambler said...

@jingoist and @r.sameem

At first,I thought of passing the tube to jingoist cousin but to avoid him putting off Colgate for life, i'll give it you as an Eid gift! :)